As we grow older, the first places that we show signs of aging are usually our necks and hands. We're often so concerned about applying anti-aging creams to our face, and colouring grey hairs that our hands are forgotten. Here are some helpful tips on keeping your hands looking youthful and healthy.
1. Wear Mittens! We live in a climate with cold, dry air. That can cause serious damage to your skin if it's not protected. Gloves will not only keep your fingers warm, they also help keep moisture in, protecting you from that nasty winter wind!
2. Exfoliate! Dead skin cells can not only make your skin look flaky and dull, they can also keep treatments from sinking in. If you're not removing dead cells with a gentle exfoliation before moisturizing the product isn't able to penetrate into your skin as effectively, causing you to waste twice as much product.
3. Moisturize! In the winter I have hand lotion on me at all times! Moisturizers, creams and lotions help to provide the necessary oils and omegas our skin needs to feel healthy and hydrated.
4. Wear sunscreen! Did you know that along with our faces, hands are most often exposed to the sun? When you're lathering SPF on your pretty faces, don't forget about your hands. Sunscreen is the best defence against pesky age spots.
5. Treat yourself to regular manicures! Self care is really important. Take 45 minutes every few weeks to sit down and have a Nail technician or Esthetician push back your cuticles, trim/shape your nails, and buff any ridges off your nail plate. Come on.. You deserve a hand massage. Pretty polish optional!