What is Sugaring?
Sugaring is a 100% natural semi-permanent hair removal treatment. It is commonly preferred over waxing because the hair can be removed at a shorter length of growth, allowing for better long term results. Some clients even say that sugaring is less painful then waxing. The practitioner will remove the paste from the container with a clean, gloved hand. The paste is then molded against the natural direction of growth, and removed with the direction of growth in a swift flicking motion. This ensures little to no hair breakage. After the treatment both the paste, and the glove are discarded. Sugaring is gentle, and will not adhere to live skin cells. It is warmed only to room temperature making it safe for Diabetics or those with varicose veins.
Preparing for Your Sugaring Treatment
There are a few ways you can prepare for your Sugaring Treatment to make the appointment go smoother for both you and the Esthetician. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact the studio by e-mail or phone. In the business of hair removal no question is embarrassing or awkward! Your comfort is always my primary concern.
- Please ensure that the hair to be sugared is 1/4" to 1/2" (about the length of a grain of rice)
- Exfoliate 2 - 3 Days before your appointment (but not the day of!)
- Arrive at the studio with good clean hygiene
- Avoid the use of perfumes, lotions (or deodorant) on the area to be treated, as this can effect the sugaring process
- Low tolerance to pain? Consider taking a Tylenol or Advil 30 minutes prior to the appointment
- Ladies, It is okay to be sugared during your cycle, However it may cause you to feel more sensitiv
- A towel will be used to get rid of any residue
- You may experience temporary redness, which should subside within 12 hours
- Exfoliate approx. 48 hours after your treatment.
- Rehydrate your skin after exfoliating with an unscented moisturizer
- Avoid Direct heat for about approx. 24 hours (hot bath, sauna, hot tub)
- Refrain from activity that may cause excessive sweating
- Brazilian clients must avoid sexual activity for a minimum of 24 hours
- The freshly treated area should not be touched
- Drink lots of water!